Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am beginning to have fun with the iPad in my classroom. While I am still assessing to see what apps are going to work best for my two varied groups of students, there are two apps that have come in to very nice usage. One is called Speed Games. It is a simple app that has the students race against themselves in solving basic math facts. It has an "angry bird" technique to it as the students are trying to earn ribbons to open the next levels. I have been using this with students that are finishing word a bit earlier than the others. I have also been using Brain Pop. The students are enjoying watching the different movies in relation to their other subject areas. Plus, they like the quiz at the end of the movie.

I have a group of students that are in need of practice when it comes to counting. Any suggestions on quality counting apps that are not too juvenile?

No comments:

Post a Comment